Sunday, April 14, 2013

Week 14 Training

Wow, 14 weeks already?? Looks like I'm halfway there as there are 14 weeks left until Racine! Yikes!

This has been a good week of training and ended with a good race!

Monday - 4 mile run
Tuesday - Intervals 12x400s total miles about 5.5
Wednesday - 1000 yard swim (fastest 1000 to date!); 5 mile run; 12.7 mile bike
Thursday - 4 mile run
Friday - 5 mile run
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - Sprint Tri Race Day (See separate race report if you want :) )

So what did I learn from today's race? Lots of things! I still need to work on not panicking during the swim although I was able to control it much better today. I need to ride the bike a LOT more during the week. And I need to practice the brick workouts more. Oh, and don't put the chip timer on too tight around your ankle!!! Ouch :)

Goal for the upcoming week - swim, bike and run each at least 3 times this week. And at least 2.5 hours on the bike on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment