Saturday, March 30, 2013

Week 12 Training

Well I definitely eased back in to training this week. After reviewing my week it doesn't look like I got in the workouts that I wanted for the week but it is probably better to get back into training slowly so I don't get hurt. I'm writing this a day early because I don't plan on working out tomorrow- you will find out why soon enough!

Training for the week went like this:

Monday - 4.12 miles of easy running
Tuesday - Rest
Wednesday - Easy 3 mile run and 1000 yard swim in 25:45 which is my fastest 1000 yards to date :)
Thursday - Easy 3 mile run
Friday - Long run day - 12 miles
Saturday - Bike Ride!! 21.05 miles ave pace 14.7 mph

My running this week was pretty easy so as to rest from the weekends race. On Monday my legs were very tired and heavy so Tuesday became a day off (well that and it was snowing again!). Met my swimming partner on Wednesday morning and just felt like my swim was a battle. I felt like I fought the water the whole time I was swimming. When I was done swimming I stopped my watch and it said 25:45! That is 7 seconds (yes a whole 7 seconds!) faster than my previous fastest 1000 yards (not that I'm keeping track of times or anything!!). I was super happy with that swim. On my run, my legs felt much better although we still took it easy. Thursday's run pace was slightly faster than Wednesday but still at an easy pace as Friday was going to be long run day. Friday's run had perfect weather - finally!! No snow or wind! Had a good run except for the bottom of my left foot bothering me some again. I think maybe it's time to go back to the doctor for more shots :( Then Saturday rolled around. Well it took a lot to motivate me today but I finally got my bike off the trainer and out the door. I was so glad I did, the weather was very nice and I rode for 21 miles at a pretty good pace for me. Well, at the end of my ride I stopped the bike in front of the driveway and unclipped my right foot, lost my balance, and fell to my left side. Yep. Down I went. OUCH! I knew I was not going to get my foot out in time and was going to hit the ground but when I did I was still in shock. It really hurt! I just kind of didn't move for what seemed like forever but was probably only a few seconds. Then I tried to get up quickly so as to keep someone from seeing me!! I ended up with a pretty skinned up knee, a bruised elbow and a bruised backside! The bike - yes my brand new bike - fared pretty well. I tore the seat a little but I think with a little glue it will be fine. I was very lucky! So I will likely not be doing anything tomorrow - except hopefully walking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment